Whenever the topic of a artificial grass is brought into a conversation there are always strong opinions for the installation of artificial turf and strong opinions against it. Both sides bring up great points to support their claims, but the dialogue usually turns to whether or not the investment in synthetic turf will add value to a home. Here are a few things to consider when making your own decision:
- Synthetic turf requires very little water. You will only need to “water the lawn” when cleaning it.
- No lawnmowers are required to maintain artificial grass. This cuts down pollution and sweat.
- Artificial lawn turf stays green all year round – regardless of the season.
- Improvements in technology cause synthetic lawns to look realistic, eliminating the stigma possessed by the AstroTurf of the 1960s.
- Some argue that synthetic turf can cause more injuries to athletes than regular grass, but grass that is not well-maintained will have holes and bare patches that can also cause injuries
- Artificial grass is pet-friendly and easy to clean.
- Bugs do not take up residence in synthetic turf.
In all, making the decision to install “fake” or “real” grass is unique to your family’s needs. A well-kept natural lawn will add value to your home, but it will require lots of time and money. The care that goes into a perfectly manicured lawn is the equivalent of a full-time job. On the other hand, installing a synthetic lawn can have a larger start-up cost, but will be relatively less expensive and easier to maintain in the long term.
Genesis Turf, the manufacturer of one of the world’s leading synthetic turf brands, Genesis Lawn, has over twenty years of experience in the artificial turf industry. They are experts in manufacturing turf solutions for landscape, golf, sports and leisure project needs. For more information about our products, call us at 855-887-3435. You may also be interested in our products designed exclusively for pets like our line of premium artificial pet turf.